Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster Butterscotch Blonde
The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots'expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best selling guitars (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, we've completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept'restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more'based on actual vintage guitars we tracked down to make sure we had it right. We did the work, and it shows, because there's pure tonal magic in each new American Vintage instrument.
With its big maple neck, the 1952 Telecaster was a landmark guitar in Fender history, and nowhere is today's re-dedication to detail more evident than on the American Vintage '52 Telecaster, which returns to the fold with body, neck and pickups refined with the best features (tones, curves, perimeters, radii and more) from a handful of extraordinary '52 Tele specimens we examined. Premium features include an ash body with a singe-ply black pickguard and thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish in lighter Butterscotch Blonde, deep maple neck with "U"-shaped profile and generously rolled edges, sculpted headstock volute for even more first-position comfort, long-lost recessed-top "barrel" switch tip, vintage tuner spacing for truly straight string pull over the bone nut, vintage-style bridge with three brass saddles, and knurled chrome domed control knobs.
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Style Frets
- Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: New American Vintage '52 Tele® Single-Coil Pickup (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: New American Vintage '52 Tele® Single-Coil Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Original Vintage Tele® Bridge with 3 Brass Saddles
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Switch Tip: Barrel Style Switch Tip
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features:
- -Slightly lighter Butterscotch Blonde finish
- -Large maple neck with re-sculpted U-shaped profile and comfortably rolled edges
- -All-new pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound
- -"Barrel" switch tip and knurled chrome domed control knobs
- Case: New Deluxe Vintage Tweed Case included
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: New Knurled Chrome Round Dome
- Included Accessories:
- -Vintage '52 Tele Strap, Cable, and Cloth
- -Vintage Wiring Kit
- -'50s Tele Information Kit
- -Bridge Cover
- -Owner's Manual
- -Saddle Height Wrench
Shipping & Returns
Orders of items that are in stock placed before 2:00pm weekdays will be dispatched same day, weekend orders will ship Monday, all on a next working day service. If you need your item delivered on a specific day, you can leave a comment in the box at the checkout and we'll take it from there. Please note items shipping from our Aberdeen store may require a 2 day shipping service.
Once your order has been arranged for collection with our courier (DPD), you'll receive a tracking number and you'll also receive a one hour delivery window for when your shipment will arrive, no more waiting in all day.
Our stock system works in such a way that as soon as something is sold in store, it is no longer available online. You can buy with confidence knowing that your purchase is yours.
We know that sometimes making sure you're in for a delivery can be a pain, so you can specify a different shipping address at the checkout (just make sure your billing address matches your payment card!).
If you have simply changed your mind and wish to return your item, let us know within 14 days and we'll arrange the return and refund with you. All returns are subject to Kenny's Music returns policy.
If you have any questions relating to your order or anything in general, give us a call on 01383733353, or get in touch using our contact form