Gibson 2016 SG Standard T Heritage Cherry
When the original Gibson Les Paul evolved into the Les Paul/SG Standard in 1961, the transition embodied Les Paul’s vision for a sleek, powerful, contemporary solid-body electric guitar. The distinctive new double-cutaway guitar—now simply known as the SG—was an overnight success, and became a major rock and blues icon by the late ’60s. The new SG Standard 2016 T embodies all the tone, feel, and look of the original rendition of this legendary guitar, all wrapped into a design that remains one of the most versatile guitars available today.
• Smooth, efficient performance with a vintage vibe
• Replicates the legendary feel of the original SG's lightning-fast neck
• Density for solid sustain, self-lubrication for exceptional tuning stability - even with heavy string bending
• Period-accurate controls complement this original-spec SG
• Padded protection guards your guitar
• Inherited from the Les Paul Standard, these inlays underscore the SG's legendary lineage
• Experience definitive PAF-like tone in both the neck (490R) and hotter bridge (498T) positions
• Classic binding for traditional looks, one-piece design for inspiring tone and sustain
• Expert setup makes this handcrafted, American-made guitar ready for immediate action
• Exclusive labor-intensive finishing process isn't just about look and feel, but superior tone
- Tuners: Traditional tuners
- Neck width: Historic original 1 11/16" neck width
- Nut: Graph Tech™ nut
- Period-correct knobs: Black Top Hat knobs with silver inserts
- Carrying case: Padded gigbag
- Inlays: Traditional trapezoid inlays
- Pickups: Versatile 490R and 498T humbuckers
- Fingerboard: Thicker rosewood fingerboard
- Setup: Comprehensive hand-finished setup
- Finish: High-gloss nitrocellulose finish
Shipping & Returns
Orders of items that are in stock placed before 2:00pm weekdays will be dispatched same day, weekend orders will ship Monday, all on a next working day service. If you need your item delivered on a specific day, you can leave a comment in the box at the checkout and we'll take it from there. Please note items shipping from our Aberdeen store may require a 2 day shipping service.
Once your order has been arranged for collection with our courier (DPD), you'll receive a tracking number and you'll also receive a one hour delivery window for when your shipment will arrive, no more waiting in all day.
Our stock system works in such a way that as soon as something is sold in store, it is no longer available online. You can buy with confidence knowing that your purchase is yours.
We know that sometimes making sure you're in for a delivery can be a pain, so you can specify a different shipping address at the checkout (just make sure your billing address matches your payment card!).
If you have simply changed your mind and wish to return your item, let us know within 14 days and we'll arrange the return and refund with you. All returns are subject to Kenny's Music returns policy.
If you have any questions relating to your order or anything in general, give us a call on 01383733353, or get in touch using our contact form