Introducing the Boss Katana MKII Lineup
Unless you’ve been living under an impenetrable music gear-repellent dome for the last couple of years, you’ve probably heard about the insanely popular Boss Katana amplifier range (yes, amps – Boss decided against a foray into the weapons trade).
You have probably noticed that the new MKII versions of the Katana look almost identical to the original, and you’d be right – the philosophy here seems to be ‘if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it’. What’s changed in the new line up (aside from the stylish II underneath the logo), is all under the hood. What we have here is the Boss Katana we know and love, but more. More sounds, more effects, more features.
Boss have gone ahead and doubled the tonal options for the core five amp characters, with each one offering a newly voiced variation on top of the original. The on-board effects have been expanded from three categories to five, giving you even more real-time effects options to get lost in. On top of this, they’ve ramped up the usability with a power amp input for those that favour modeling and multi-FX, updated editor software, and a load of other little tweaks to make the experience even better than it was before.
Main features of the Katana MKII
• Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
• Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
• Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
• Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
• Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
• Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
• Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
• Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
• Mic’d cabinet emulation on the USB and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
• Rear-panel connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
• Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
The Katana MKII range will be available to purchase shortly, in the mean time check out the Katana range here!