Our manifesto defines who we are, what we do, and how we are different. It informs every decision we make and every action we take. It reminds us why we are here.
- We will welcome everyone to our stores, regardless of age, technical ability, style of music or clothing or facial hair.
- We will listen to our customers, whether they are asking us for our advice or giving us advice, and we will respond appropriately.
- Our stores will be hubs where musicians can meet and relax without being pressured into making a purchase.
- We will be a positive force in our local musical communities.
- We will welcome visitors to our stores with a smile, because we appreciate them making the effort to visit us.
- We will do our best to enjoy our work and to help our colleagues enjoy their work.
- We will not take ourselves too seriously (even when writing manifestos). We will laugh regularly and often.
- We will not sell anyone anything that we do not think is appropriate for their needs.
- If we’ve made a mistake, we will admit it, correct it, and learn from it.
- We will do what we say we’re going to do, whether that’s calling back at the right time or offering a discount or honouring an agreement.
- We will bring fun, humour, and originality to our shops and digital spaces.
- We will aim to adopt any new technologies that will help us better serve and communicate with our customers and colleagues.
- Keep the love of music at the centre of what we do
The reason we do what we do will always be because we love music. We love shaping sound so that it makes our hair stand on end, so it makes us smile or cry or scream or jump up and down like lunatics.
We will never allow sales targets or spreadsheets or admin to cloud the fact that music is the point of it all.